Sources of embryos:
- Surplus embryo created during superovulation for IVF use. Large amounts of ova produced, and surplus embryo can be donated to another couple or for research purposes
- Embryos created specifically for research
The human nature of embryos may preclude some from conducting research (demonstrating potential for full person-hood) Potential medical benefits from medical research on embryos (do everything possible to alleviate human suffering).
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008
- The Parental Orders (Human Fertilisation and Embryology) Regulations 2010
- Surrogacy Arrangements Act 1985 (c.49)
- Bromham DR, Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics 12 (8) 1995 "Surrogacy: Ethical, Legal, and Social Aspects"
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists: Male and Female sterilisation Guidelines 2004
- Recommendations on Ethical Issues in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FIGO 2000)