Every driving license states that the driver is obliged to inform the DVLA of any potential or actual medical disability that may affect their driving safety. The process for informing the DVLA is as follows:
The DVLA driving restrictions is different from cars & motorcycles to LGVs/PCVs. Below are the keys diseases and the restrictions:
- Beauchamp and Childress. 1979 The Principles of biomedical ethics.
- Sidaway v. Bethlem Royal Hospital (1984) All Engl Law Rep. Feb 23; 1:1018-36.
- Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech Area Health Authority. 19884 All Engl Law Rep. 1984 Nov 19-Dec 20 (date of decision);1985(1):533-59.
- General Medical Council (UK). Ethical guidance: Confidentiality. October 2009.
- Beauchamp TL, Childress JF. Principles of biomedical ethics, 5th edn. Oxford: Oxford University Press 2001.
- W v. Egdell. All Eng Law Rep. 1989 Nov 9; 1:835-53.
- Her Majesty's Stationery Office (UK). The Data Protection Act (1998). 1998
- General Medical Council (UK). Confidentiality: Protecting and Providing Information. September 2000 .